5.5.15

UNFRIENDED [Film Review]

One of the perks of my friend's job is that he gets discounted cinema tickets. In the days post-Orange Wednesday (waaaa..!) this is actually pretty awesome because cinema prices... are RIDICULOUS!!







He asked what I wanted to see and, considering how out of touch I am with film releases, I had no idea. A quick look on the Vue's website and "UNFRIENDED" caught my eye. After watching the trailer, my mind was made up. I didn't even bother watching any other trailers because I had decided that I wanted to see what this was all about!



Plus, it looked terrible. I mean, like one of those films where you'll actually laugh at how un-scary it is, there may be a couple jump-scares thrown in just to remind you what genre it is but on the whole, nothing terrifying.



But I was wrong! Well, at least about it being terrible. I definitely wouldn't class this as a scary film but I was very impressed with how engaged I was with the story. I absolutely LOVED the whole screen-capture element and how we are basically watching Blaire as she skips between windows and applications.



The biggest let-down for me was the last second. Literally. The last SECOND. Everything up to that point was so engaging and creepy and I enjoyed it so much but then BAM. The whole film just nosedived and I was sat there thinking, you have GOT to be kidding me.



But really, I can forgive it for this one second. I'll just pretend that never happened haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment