11.5.15

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon [REVIEW]

After putting this book down, I wondered why it had taken me so long to pick it up in the first place? Why had it taken an invitation to the stage production to give me that much needed push to finally read this?







I don't know. I can only be honest and say that while I always felt that The Curious Incident is one of those books that everyone else has read and that I really ought to read it (at some point), there wasn't any other pull towards this book. I guess I kind of felt like I had missed the boat entirely and nothing new or interesting can be gained from reading this book now.



Oh how wrong I was! This is such a clever book. The observations made by our main character, Christopher, were awe-inspiring. I mean that. I was awed. It felt like someone was showing me the world in a completely different light.



If you have never read this book then I strongly urge you to do so. It's a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment