2.5.15

MAY TBR!

I was too embarrassed to mention The Midwich Cuckoos & The Stepford Wives again so for the time being, have reverted back to the good old fashioned TBR style video in which I show you the books I hope to read this month.









There are a couple that are definites, such as The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, which, as I type I've actually nearly finished. I'm going to see the stage production later this month and wanted to read the book before I went. Today has been a gloriously lazy day but that's probably due to my picking up the book early this morning just to get it started and then hours later discovering that I'm nearly finished. May have something to do with my brain excitedly lapping up anything that isn't Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, which I have been tackling since mid-February...



Also, this is the month where Let The Readalong In happens, the first ever readalong that I have created! Well, co-created. Hanaa from CravingBooks and I have been saying for ages that we should read a book together but have always had a bit of an issue with scheduling so have decided to read this Gothic Horror cult classic during May! I can't wait! And this is despite the fact that I have seen the original Swedish film adaptation and was not a fan. I vaguely remember a really stupid scene with some very fake looking cats...



I'll be rereading I AM OTTER as well. Have you guys read this book? If not, you should! It's a kids book but it's gorgeous! I'll hopefully dedicate a full blog post to this book at some point but for the time being, I'm actually gonna sign off. I'm meeting up with some of my fellow book clubbers and I'm hoping to persuade them to change the next book club date so that I can actually attend.



Until next time, thanks so much for reading and I'll see you soon!



^!^

No comments:

Post a Comment