18.4.12

[FILM FOX] "The Hunger Games" book to big screen review






I have a slight issue with going to see films on the day they are released simply because, for the most part, it's quite stressful: You always have to pre-book your tickets and stand in long queues so you don't get shafted when it comes to picking your seats. And let's not forget how noisy the general public are - all that munching and crunching! In saying that, I ended up going to see the film adaptation of "The Hunger Games" a week and a half after it was released and still ended up in a sold out screening. 

Back to the point. 

I originally read "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins last year as part of my first ever attempt at the 50 book challenge (I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I failed that challenge with flying colours). In a nutshell, I thought the book had great potential. I had been drawn to it by the synopsis and on the whole, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. However... am I the only one who found Suzanne Collins' writing to be a tad flat? Never mind, the girl done good with the story and I still gave it *****

Now the film. 

Oh. My. God. I loved it. From start to finish, I loved every second. Even the parts that I didn't love, I still loved (haha). Basically, it was exactly what I was looking for. I mean, the book is action packed but nothing can really show action like a film can and this film managed to pull it off with style. I thought the actors were perfect, the script was perfect, the sets were phenomenal... I can't really elaborate.

The few criticisms that I have of the movie are nothing major. Firstly, Peta's character comes off a little too thick at the start which made me giggle. But most importantly, the games are just not gory enough. 

I explain more in my video but all in all, I like this film a lot more than I did the book!

^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment