20.3.13

[BOOK REVIEW] "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel



Ok, not sure if you the thumbnail you're seeing is the same thumbnail I'm seeing but I'm desperately hoping no! 

Anyways, enough of my insecurities. Today's book review is brought to you by Pi (side note; I love pie. However, I like Pi, and only as a friend). I was quite particular about this book in the sense that for ages I thought, I'll read it one day when truth be told, I had no intention of reading it. And then, when everyone was going on about what a visual orgasm the film was meant to be, I was desperate to buy the blue cover (as in, the one I'm holding up in the video). 

But in both cases, the film's release made me go on a scavenger hunt for this specific cover as there seemed to be a plethora of movie-covers out there to confuse. Also, I really needed to read this bad boy, and fast

We all know what it's about, right? Boy + boat + tiger = Life of Pi. 

Well, yes and no. 

The first half of the book was difficult. Boring, to put it nicely. I couldn't give a crap, to put it plainly. There was a heavy emphasis on religion and zoos and such a strange combination that made. Hmm, I struggled. 

Thank God for the boat!

Overall, would I recommend it? Perhaps not. I can completely understand if you've read and enjoyed this (I mean, come on! Everyone seemed to despise "The Casual Vacancy" whereas I loved it) but no, I won't be gifting this to anyone anytime soon.

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment